Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The big "C"

It seems like every week Steve and I are learning a new friend or family member has cancer. It's really crazy how long that section of my prayer list is right now...

Tomorrow, my dad's cousin Patty (who's also my godmother) is getting rid of her cancer. She's having a double mastectomy along with reconstruction. Thank God she caught it early enough that it doesn't seem to have spread. I can't imagine the emotional and physical pain she'll be going through the next few weeks, but we know how strong of a woman she is and that she'll get through this with the help of all her family and friends & the multitude of prayers being sent her way.

Coincidentally, the Race for the Cure is this weekend here in Denver. I think I should make it a goal to participate in it next year...

We love you Patty!


A pic of me & Patty at my wedding.

No comments: