Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday Party

Colby decided he wanted a pool party...an inflatable pool party to be exact...for his 2nd birthday. (Okay, I decided...but he really has no clue what a birthday is, let alone what kind of party he wants for one!) It was about 50 degrees the day before, but thanks to the quick changing Colorado weather it was in the 70s the day of his party.

The kids (all 13 of them!) had lots of fun with the water toys & pools and the adults enjoyed the Qdoba bar. Mostly Steve enjoyed the Qdoba bar...I think he got cut off after going back for 7ths!







See, I WAS there!

Okay, you may have noticed I'm a little late in posting these! I have a good excuse though! The day after his party Steve and I flew to Vegas (many thanks to Grandma who extended her visit from Florida to watch Colby) since Steve had a work conference out there. I spent lots of time by the pool and caught up on a couple good books...just what I needed. I also managed to lose $150 in the slots while Steve worked. EEK! Not to worry though, we came out ahead as we managed to win the jackpot ($250) on Wheel of Fortune on our last spin while out one night! I'm now convinced the slots only pay out at night. :)
After getting back in town, Colby got the Croup and has been out of commission for about a week now. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and play soon! I guess I should count my blessings as this is the first real sickness (besides a little cold) he's ever had. Hopefully it's not the start of a new Croup trend though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi big boy! Grandma misses you already!!